In a new series, along side clips to show in science lessons I plan to include various songs (some intentional some not) that can be used for starters in lessons. Ideas for how these could be used:
- These can be played as students enter the classroom.
- Act as an introduction to the upcoming lesson/topic.
- A ‘guess’ what the lesson is all about.
- Write down as many keywords in the song for topic on mini white boards
- Using the tune rewrite the lyrics to fit…….
The second batch of 10 songs to use as Physics starters are:
- Space – David Bowie – Life on Mars
- Space – David Bowie – Space Oddity
- Electricity – Schoolhouse Rock – Electricity
- Power – Snap – I’ve got the power
- Electricity – AC/DC – High Voltage
- Electricity – Electric Six – Danger! high voltage
- Forces – They Might be Giants – Speed and Velocity
- Terminal Velocity – Tom Petty – Free Fallin’
- Particles – CERN – Large Hadron Rap
- Radiation – Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
Chemistry/ Biology to come next……..