Many tutors are short of time to think of activities to do with their tutor group. Below are 10 ideas that you could pick up in a seconds notice.
- There are some amazing Ted-Ed videos each 5 minutes (ish) long and could provoke discussion and extension work after they have been watched. The videos are on a wide range of subjects, I would be surprised if there was not a clip that does not spark interest in a student. Check them out here
- Linked to crime, punishment and citizenship – these scenarios could take a week ot so to go through and discuss
- Newsround quiz of the week
- Learn and master this trick
- Use this amazing website
- Get students in pairs and they create a ten question quiz they present to the rest of the tutees – keep a league of results.
- Plenty of riddles and optical illusions here
- Again linked to crime, punishment and citizenship – you be the judge is brilliant interactive website that will engage all learners
- Linked to Geography – memorise all countries in the world – why not start with Africa?
- Linked to the above! challenge your tutor group to memorise the periodic table – learning to learn will use skills students will use for life
Know any more- let me know for part 2 Follow @TJohns85
Featured image thanks to https://www.goconqr.com/en/examtime/blog/back-to-school-ideas-for-teachers/